You can browse all files available for download, including some binary packages, at
drumkv1 Files on SourceForge.net.
2016-11-17 - A Fall'16 release.
- LV2_STATE__StateChanged is now transmitted as a regular
atom notification event, as far as to give some careful
hosts enough slack to raise a dirty flag.
- Fixed input MIDI RPN/NRPN running status processing.
- Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command
line options, wrt. installation directories specification,
eg. --prefix, --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.
2016-09-19 - Eleventh official beta.
- MIDI RPN/NRPN running status and RPN NULL reset command
are now supported (input only).
- The core engine implementation is now delivered as a shared
object library, common to both the JACK stand-alone client
and the LV2 instrument plug-in.
- Discretely fixed MIDI Controlllers catch-up algorithm.
2016-06-16 - Tenth official beta.
- LV2 Patch property parameters and Worker/Schedule support
are now finally in place, allowing for sample file path
selections from generic user interfaces.
- All changes to most continuous parameter values are now
smoothed to a fast but finite slew rate.
- All BPM sync options to current transport (Auto) have been
refactored to new special minimum value (which is now zero).
- In compliance to the LV2 spec. MIDI Controllers now affect
cached parameter values only, via shadow ports, instead of
input control ports directly, mitigating their read-only
- Make sure LV2 plug-in state is properly reset on restore.
- Dropped the
--enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant
given that's the build default anyway (suggestion by Guido
Scholz, while for Qtractor, thanks).
2016-03-02 - Ninth-bis official beta.
- Fixed the DCF Formant filter voice initialization reset.
- French translation updated (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
2016-02-22 - Ninth official beta.
- Avoid out-of-bound MIDI events as much as possible, coping
with LV2 plug-in hosts that feed/run them in on border line
circumstances (as reported by Thorsten Wilms, on suspected
Ardour looping crash/bug, probably fixed already, thanks).
- Safe defaults are tentatively sbeing introduced to internal
OUT FX buffer-sizes, as read from JACK buffer-size changes
and LV2 block-length instantiation bound options.
- Added application keywords to freedesktop.org's AppData.
2015-12-04 - Eighth official beta.
- A brand new LFO BPM control parameter is being introduced,
as a subordinate to LFO Rate, with follow/sync to current
transport/host option (BPM=Auto).
- LFO Sync (free running) mode option has been introduced.
- A fourth DCF type has been added: a vocal Formant filter.
- A third DCF slope/type has been added: the RBJ's bi-quad.
- Prefer Qt5 over Qt4 by default with configure script.
- Introducing brand new OUT FX Send parameter per key/element.
- Fixed an old bug that caused an immediate crash on triggering
any sample key/element with its (exclusive) Group parameter
set to anything but "Off" or "1".
2015-08-24 - Seventh-bis official beta.
- Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- Fixed a recent bug/mistake that was causing a complete reset/
revert of all element parameters to prior values upon loading
an element sample file.
- Improved Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds (via qmake).
2015-07-24 - Seventh official beta.
- Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- Reset ramps after LV2 control port reconnection; small fixes
to LV2.ttl (pull-requests by Hanspeter Portner aka. ventosus,
on synthv1, thanks).
- MIDI Controllers/Programss is now an optional feature on the
LV2 plugin forms, as some LV2 hosts might enforce the purity
restriction to input control ports as being absolutely read-
only parameter values from a plugin's instance perspective.
- MIDI Controller mapping/learn is now possible on all parameter
control knobs; with global configuration also avaiable on the
- French (fr) translation line to desktop file added (by Olivier
2015-05-09 - A sixth official beta.
- Sample file drag-and-drop support has been added to the note
element list widget.
- Main widget layout changed as much to allow sampler display
and element list to expand or grow vertically as needed.
2015-04-30 - A fifth official beta.
- Sample file path mapping has been fixed for LV2 plugin state
restoration, which were preventing Ardour to reload any of
the saved session or preset sample files in particular.
- Custom knob/dial behavior mode options are now introduced:
linear and angular (aka. radial) as far to avoid abrupt
changes on first mouse click (still the default behavior).
- Fixed for some strict tests for Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
2015-03-09 - A fourth official beta.
- Added application description as freedesktop.org's AppData.
- Introducing LV2 port-groups (as proposed by Amadeus Folego aka.
- Improved envelope widget nodes click-and-drag precision.
- Introducing a brand new user preference on eye-candy: cf.Help
/Configure.../Options/Custom style theme (applies to the JACK
stand-alone client only though).
- Envelope and filter now rendered with anti-aliased lines.
- Fixed a Qt5 FTBFS re. QHeaderView::set[Section]ResizeMode().
2015-01-23 - A third official beta.
- MIDI bank-select/program-changes is now supported, for patch,
preset and/or instrument program control.
- New Help/Configure dialog is introduced for editing the also
new MIDI bank/programs interface and user preference options
as well (new home of the old Help/Use native dialogs option).
- Presets may now be specified by base name, as an alternative
to the complete preset file-path on command line argument (re.
stand-alone JACK client).
- Fixed parameters A/B comparison swap.
2014-09-12 - One second official beta.
- Fixed LV2 plugin relative/absolute file path state resolution.
- One decimal digit added to all scalar parameters and knobs.
- Stand-alone JACK client ports outrageously renamed from a
zero based numbering scheme into a plus one natural one.
- Experimental LV2 Time/position atom-event support (Delay BPM).
2014-06-30 - Officially beta now.
- LV2 UI Idle and Show interfaces support added.
- First attempt to allow a headless stand-alone JACK client
application run mode, without a GUI, with option given as
command line argument (
- A man page has beed added (re. stand-alone JACK client).
- Reverse sample option and parameter knob added.
- Allow the build system to include an user specified LDFLAGS.
2014-04-29 - A pre-LAC frenzy beta.
- Badly named 'Noise' wave-shapes re-labeled as 'Rand'; also
a brand new wave-shape 'Noise' is then introduced (now for
- New user preference option, cf. Help/Use native dialogs.
- An anti-denormal regression applied to the Phaser fx stage
(affecting early proto-beta >= 0.4.0).
2014-04-07 - A proto-beta bis.
- Once so called 'Noise' wave-shapes are now being made a lot
more deterministic, read idempotent ;).
- Late optimizations to basic wave-table oscillators.
- Make sure the LV2 plugin back-end always builds first, before
its respective LV2 UI front-end client.
2014-03-06 - A proto-beta party.
- All knobs default value setting slightly improved.
- A run-time circumvention have been hacked, strictly related
to when NSM session management is in charge: the native file
browser/requester dialogs are then disabled (were taking too
long to list the current directory on first time invocation).
- Auto-detection of the correct target library path for the
LV2 plugin, whether it may be .../lib or .../lib64 on bi
-arch targets, when libdir is not specified on configure
- Reverb has been added as a brand new effects stage, though
based on good old FreeVerb :).
- Introduced a variable env.stage time control parameter.
- Dummy change-log entry for the new year.
2013-12-31 - A fifth of a Jubilee.
- Effects/Delay BPM sync option to current transport (Auto).
- Fixed for relative paths on preset file references.
- More preparations for Qt5 configure build.
2013-09-30 - Fall greetings.
- First attempt on separating the DSP code from UI as runtime objects,
effective for the LV2 plugin deploy.
- MIDI channel filter switch is now introduced.
- Fixed uninstall target make rule.
- Another minor fix to note-off fast-release.
2013-07-16 - Brand new icon ready.
- Preset file icon and mimetype now introduced.
- A brand new icon drops the lamest old-schooler's out, in a
master lesson taught by Jarle Richard Akselsen, thanks.
2013-05-31 - Late spring blossoming.
- Some sympathy to extreme dark color (read black) schemes is
now being indulged; some discrete changes on the icon front
has also emerged ;)
- MIDI Key pressure/polyphonic aftertouch events now properly
recognized, in addition to MIDI channel pressure/aftertouch
- Parameter value ramping moved into the late post-processing,
an attempt to reduce some pop/click artifacts even further.
- NSM support introduced to JACK client.
- A slight GUI behavior change: (re)writing existing names
doesn't load the respective preset anymore (after ticket
by Jiri Prochazka aka. Anchakor, thanks).
- Introducing LV2 External UI "rougue" support.
- Moog-like 24dB/oct resonant filter slight modification.
- Fixed JACK client fail/fake initialization.
- Fixed a current element switching bug (via GUI) which was
confusing the (stereo)width, panning and volume settings
effect from previous selected elements.
- Fixed LV2 .ttl file index order (re. GEN1_GROUP, GEN1_COARSE).
2013-03-01 - One third bug-fix release.
- Pitch-bend, Modwheel and LFO Pitch range internal fixes.
- LV2 State save flags now forced to be portable POD.
- Color palette hack on Qt5 dark themes.
2013-02-08 - One second bug-fix release.
- Improved filters parameter sensitivity (cutoff, reso).
- Envelope generators stage curves now gone a little more old-
schooler and analog-like, hopefully improving on the punchy
and click-less sound front.
- Experimental LV2 Time designated port support (Delay BPM).
- Preparations for Qt5 migration.
2012-12-21 - Third coming release.
- Dropped all SSE dummy build optimization flags as they were
making more harm than real good, performance wise.
- GUI layout moved from a toolbox into a stacked tab widget;
also, a status-bar has been added at the bottom display.
- LV2 Atom/MIDI event processing is now official, a replacement
for the formerly deprecated LV2 Event/MIDI specification.
- Added dirty checking also on switching from unamed presets.
- JACK stand-alone: preset loader initialization fix.
2012-11-22 - Second public release.
- Exclusive element sounding group setting added (eg. hi-hats).
- Parameters A/B comparison toggle buttons have been added.
- Keep LV2 event buffer valid on each run(), as found for strict
LV2 specification and compliance (as suggested by falkTX).
- Increased polyphony baseline from 24 to 32 voices.
- Prepared for relative paths from preset file references.
- Audio files browser filter support for the old but everlasting
8.3 filename formats.
- Velocity sensitivity configuration control has been added.
- Reset (all values to preset defaults) button has been added.
2012-10-25 - First public release.
- MIDI Note-off event enablement parameter introduced.
- Slight minor fix on fast-release re-triggering.
- Element list and sample widget context menu's now a reality.
- Added some command line options to the stand-alone JACK client
program (--help and --version information).
- Reimplemented mouse-wheel stepping on combo-dial knob widgets.
- LV2 state chunk retrieve/save implementation complete.
- Current element selection and stabilization.
- Preset load/save is now fully functional.
- Access to core engine instance has been slightly refactored.
- Classic ADSR replaced by custom one-shot drum-mode specific envelope
generators (Attack, Delay1, Level2, Delay2).
- Detached generic double-linked list class into its own header.
2012-10-03 - Initial change-log entry.
This project's Git repository can be checked out through
anonymous (http) access with the following instructions:
git clone http://git.code.sf.net/p/drumkv1/code drumkv1-git
You then need to prepare the
configure script on the just created
drumkv1-git source directory:
Hopefully, you'll be now with a proper source tree, ready for build.
For quite some time there are alternate Git repositories which are kept
in sync with the above sf.net one:
However, this doesn't mean that the drumkv1
project is about to migrate to a brand new hosting whatsoever: the original upstream
source code repository is, will be, as it ever was, always kept somewhere else still
in this world and universe.